Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Etsy Shops And Facebook Ads


Why would you choose Facebook for your next ad campaign? It works, that's why! Before I start telling you how to sign up for the ads I want to take a minute to make sure that we are all on the same page. For the ads to work you need to have a working knowledge of Facebook. You also need to be active on Facebook. Which means that you need to devote some time to it every day.

Your business Facebook Page should be all about your business and very little about your personal life. Sure it is okay to talk a little bit about yourself, after all people want to know you are human. What they do not want to know is what you drank last night or what political party you support or what church you go to. Save that for your personal profile. (If you do not already have a Facebook Fan Page you may want to read these previous articles on them: Facebook Fan Pages For Your Shop, Using Facebook Fan Pages to Increase Business, and Making Facebook Work For You)

If you cannot engage your fans there is probably no point in advertising your page. If your shop is a mess there is probably no reason to advertise your shop. So, it may be time to do a little spring cleaning in your shop. Without the foundation of a well organized shop and an engaging Facebook Page you would just be throwing away money advertising.

Think on that and come back tomorrow to find out how to get started with Facebook Ads. Let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment or emailing me at MarketMyShop@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Hello Eric! Just thought I'd drop by to see what you're posting about today - and low and behold, it's something I'm having trouble with! Facebook and I don't get on - not their fault, but mine (as usual!) I've got two pages, with two different email addresses, and seem to have collected two I signed up (thinking I was linking with the original one) from the Etsy end. None of them work, I've got a message in to them to see how I can merge everyone of them into one (without losing my Friends in the process). Any ideas, while I wait?

    Oh, by the way, the inabilit to access my two email sites was not my fault! Am back on line, with both, now - and today, managed to get back on Blogger at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com, after a three week absence - and did it by myself, too!

    So, if you can point me in the right direction vis a vis Facebook, well - I just might be fully operational once more!

    All the best. Isobel

    ReplyDelete