Monday, January 27, 2014

Etsy Success How Do You Measure It?

My Etsy sales are down from last year at this same time but my views are way up! What does this mean? The high cost of International shipping has hurt my business overall. And with shipping costs going up again yesterday I imagine my International business is going to decline even further. However, I still feel that I am successful.

Four years ago when I started selling on Etsy as a newbie I made a grand total of $1025 for the year. Last year I topped $10,000 in sales. Sure, it isn't enough to make a living 100% on Etsy just yet. But I have managed to increase my income almost by double each year. It would be nice to double last years income this year but I don't know that is possible. Still, I will try.

How do you measure YOUR Etsy success? I would really like to hear what you have to say. Tomorrow I will be continuing the Etsy Shop Makeover Challenge Series. Have you done what I challenged you to do?

4 comments:

  1. My sales are up over January of last year, though 2013 was lower than 2012 overall. I think I measure success by doing better, month by month.

    Postage really is a problem, though. I'm usually amazed when I get an overseas customer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started my Etsy shop on 2006. 2012 was the first year I sold more than $1,000 in a year on Etsy. Last year was 3x that! This year has started off very well and could end up being at least 50% better than last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, over $10,000 in sales, how exciting! Good for you! I'm excited because this year I finally made it to over $1000 in sales! I haven't thought about comparing my views yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for your sales. I'm from Portugal. I started my shop on March 2013 and made a total of 6500$ in sales. I think it's good for start. I hope this year to increase it for 10000$ or more:)

    ReplyDelete