Friday, September 27, 2013

How Etsy Can Help You Quit Your Day Job

There are a lot of success stories out there about how Etsy allowed people to quit their day job. If you get right down to it, it isn't really quitting your day job, it is changing your day job to Etsy. It is a lot of hard work. The harder you work the better chance you'll eventually not have to work for the man- or the woman!

How do you go about making enough money to make Etsy your full time income? A good product is a start. Great pictures are good. Wonderful titles, yep. Tags and keywords that people look for, check. Clear concise descriptions that answer any customer's question, a must! You have all that? Kudos to you! Now what?

You have to let people know about your shop. Advertising is the key. Whether it be an ad in a magazine, a link from a website, a link in your signature, your shop address on a business card or word of mouth, the simple fact is, if you build it and no one knows about it no one will come.

You have to get the word out. That is what my little blog is all about. How to market your shop. How to get the word out. How to make people want to buy your products. I write a lot of articles for you. I am not sure if it is helping you or not. I am doing most of the trial and error so that you can avoid the the errors!

If you have a minute, please comment here one question that you would like answered about marketing your shop. Let me know what you want to know. That way I can continue to help you out in the best way that I can. If you'd rather not comment feel free to send me an email to MarketMyShop@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

I hope each and every one of you have a great weekend and many sales! Thanks for following me!

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog! One thing I've been seeing a LOT on Etsy lately are titles like this (made up, but based on one of my items):

    Primitive Doll, Pumpkin Doll, Primitive Pumpkin Doll, Grungy Pumpkin Doll, Halloween Doll, Orange Doll, Primitive Rag Doll, Primitive Cloth Doll (and on and on and on ...)

    My question is whether this VERY repetitive type of title is better than the title I would likely use:

    Primitive Pumpkin Doll - Extreme Primitive - Halloween Doll

    Thanks for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete