Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Tips For Reaching More Customers On Etsy
We would all like to increase our sales. It all comes down to putting your product in front of the right people. I have come up with a few tips for you that will help you do just that.
1. Make sure your photos depict your item. Do not use overly busy back grounds. Make sure your first photo is front page treasury material.
2. Make sure your title contains the keywords near the beginning of the title. Etsy puts weight on the first three words. Limit your titles to five or six words. Long titles can turn people off.
3. When describing your items make sure to use a lot of key words. Etsy does not weigh the descriptions but the search engines do.
4. Use keyword phrases in your tags. Single word tags do not generally do as well as descriptive phrases.
5. List and Renew items during peak hours. I find between 9am and 4pm Tuesday through Thursday are my peak hours. Check your stats to see when you are getting the most views.
6. If you have a lot of items to list or renew spread them out throughout the day. Renewed items and newly listed items are shown many places on Etsy. Take advantage of that.
7. Tag for holidays and special events.
8. Be sure to Tweet and or list new items on Facebook.
9. Tweet about your item at different times during the day. People look at Twitter at different times. Same goes for Facebook. Not everyone will see your posts at the same time. The more people looking at your Facebook or Twitter means more opportunities at different times. Try not to be too spammy.
10. Start over at number one and do it all over again tomorrow!
I hope this helps a little. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at MarketMyShop@gmail.com The tips listed above are all topics I have covered in greater detail. Just search the blog or use the tag cloud to the right to find articles that explain things in greater detail.