Friday, February 15, 2013

Two Helpful Tips For Etsy Users


I hope you all had a really great day yesterday! I just picked up Starting An Etsy Business For Dummies. Let me just say, I love "For Dummies" books. They really break things down so that anyone can understand. As someone who has been doing Etsy for a couple years I sometimes forget the pitfalls and struggles of the new Etsian. This book is really helping me connect back to when I was a new user!

The book has also sparked a few ideas for experimenting with Titles, Descriptions and Tags that I had all but abandoned. I have a lot of work to do reworking a few listings to see how things go. So, being as busy as I am today I am just going to leave you with a couple of general tips.

1.Visit your Library! There are literally hundreds of books written for starting a home based business, marketing and other business aspects. If you bought them all you'd have to add a Library wing to your house! Go to your library and see if they have the book/s you want to read. If not, request that they buy it or order it on Inter-Library Loan for you. Save a few bucks and still get the info you need!

2. If it ain't broken don't fix it! If you have some items selling better than others don't change them, change the ones that aren't selling! Study the ones you are selling on a regular basis and try to figure out the difference.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I will be back next week with more info and tips and tricks. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment