Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Etsy Changes To Activity Feed And What It Means To You

 Some of you may have noticed the changes to your activity feed. Some of you may not! Etsy has changed the way you view your feed. It now shows much larger images. The time for great photography is now. (Check out the sidebar tag cloud for links to my articles on photography. If you are reading this via email just jump over to Market My Shop Blog to see the articles)

This also makes something else important: Adding new items and renewing items. New items from your favorite shop. What was once to the side rather small is now across the top of the page and a little larger. I cannot stress enough how much $0.20 can be worth to you! On a budget? Try just renewing 2 or 3 things a day for a month and see if it doesn't come back to you! Be sure not to list all items at once. Make sure to list or renew no more than 1 item per hour. This will give maximum exposure.

Another thing of great importance is to be liked! Yes, Etsy is a popularity contest! When you post on Twitter, Facebook, Blog, Pinterest, etc. encourage your followers to favorite your shop and items! The more people that see your items the better! I encourage all of you to go to my Tangled Metal Etsy Shop and favorite it right now! /end shameless plug

Explore your new Activity Feed and learn to love it!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to applaud your reasonable attitude to the new activity feed. There is so much hysteria over the look of it - energy better spent on making it work for your shop. My first reaction was not whether I found it appealing to me - my first reaction was "wow my pics are gonna look great, I'd better make sure they are awesome!" Change can be jarring - but the quicker you can find ways to maximize the change to your shop's advantage, the better. No point fighting the tide - learn to surf!

    ReplyDelete