Tuesday, March 5, 2013
7 Tips To Spice Up Your Etsy Shop
I know today was supposed to be my First Tuesday Shop Review but time got the better of me and I am not prepared to publish that post until next week. So, here are some tips on how to spice up your Etsy shop. Enjoy!
1. Run A Sale - Running a sale can provide a quick boost to your views and even your sales. Unusual sales seem to catch people's attention better. Try having a Summer Blowout sale in the middle of winter or a Christmas in July sale. Make it outrageous!
2. Change Your Photo Order - Hopefully by now you have all five of your photos looking great! Rotate them around so that your first photo doesn't get stale. This will also help you find out what type of photo works best for your products.
3. Renew Your Items - Don't just renew your best selling items. Renew some of the items that aren't selling. Bring those items to the front of your shop and mix them into your best sellers! This works wonders if you have a lot of items for sale!
4. Change Your Banner - I am not saying go out and buy a new banner design every week. I am just saying change it up a little! Add hears to it for Valentines Day, a 4 leaf clover for St Patrick's Day, etc. Keep your theme but make it reflect seasonal changes and Holidays and special events.
5. Change Up Your Shop Announcement - Don't let your shop announcement get stale. I am not suggesting using it for a blog. Changing your shop announcement also gives the search engines an indication that your page is active.
6. Rearrange Your Shop - Make sure you set your shop so that it defaults to your rearranged view. Try to put a representation of all that you do on page one of your shop. You can then set up the other pages how ever you like. I suggest a mixture of items with similar themes such as colors or shapes. There is no need to put all of the like items together on the same page, that is what your sections are for.
7. Don't Be Afraid To Try New Things - If something doesn't seem to be working, try something else! I usually try something for 3 days to a week to give it a fair chance. Photos are a good example. Every item does not need to be photographed from the same angle! Try strange angles that make people want to look closer.
That is all for today. If you have some ideas you'd like to add to this list please feel free to leave a comment.