Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Art Of Buying In Bulk


Some of you are no doubt savvy to buying in bulk for your art/craft/jewelry supplies. Though I bet some of you still buy at Walmart and Hobby Lobby. Sure, if I need just one of something I might run down to the store to buy it but over all I buy in bulk. It is so much more cost effective in the long run.

There have been times when I was pricing material that I could buy 2 dozen clasps for the same price as a gross(144) of clasps. I love to shop around. I also have a resell tax id which means I can actually order direct from manufacturers on many items cutting out ALL of the middle men. You'd be surprised the difference in price from retail to manufacturer direct.

The more money you can save on materials, the higher your bottom line profits will be. Do a search for wholesale materials. Check eBay before you commit to buy. See what the price difference is between a dozen and a gross is. You'll save money and add to your profits.

Feel free to leave a comment with your best deal ever, or questions, or whatever. You can also email me at MarketMyShop@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of any fantastic deals I've gotten because I can buy in quantity, but I would like to find some "buying groups" that focus more on general craft supplies. The only ones I've found so far focus almost exclusively on boutique children's clothing ... so while they order TONS of fabric, it's cute/mod/kiddy prints and that's not what I use. Right now, I'd like to get "Stiffy" fabric stiffener at a really good price; I'm going thru it like crazy. I contacted the company but they just gave me the name of their West Coast distributor. It didn't sound promising, so I haven't followed up. Meanwhile, I've learned that JoAnn Fabrics accepts coupons on similar merchandise from Michael's and Hobby Lobby (and other stores as well, as long as it's likely that what you're buying at JoAnn's would be found at the other store). I'm planning on hitting TWO JoAnn's today ... and will buy several bottles of "Stiffy" at each one!

    ReplyDelete